June 15th is the deadline to sign up for an Orientation session. Only one session is available for International Students. It is scheduled for August 22-23, 2017. Orientation is MANDATORY and you must register in advance to confirm your attendance at this program.
Fall courses will be pre-selected for International students. You may not change your registered courses until you've completed the orientation program.
Be sure that you read this page in its entirety carefully. You should also be sure to complete all items included on the new student checklist.
If you have questions, please review our FAQ for additional information.
International Orientation Program Structure
Important Information for You to Know
The International Orientation Program is a fast-paced, two-day session .
- The Orientation program is scheduled:
- Day 1 - START - END
- Day 2 - START - END
- BOTH DAYS REQUIRED: Attendance is required for the entire program on both days. Student sessions conducted on the first day serve as pre-requisites for the sessions conducted on the second day. NO ONE CAN ATTEND ONLY ONE DAY OF THE PROGRAM, OR ONLY PART OF THE DAY.
- Students who choose to leave before the official end of the Orientation program will have the classes that they registered for at Orientation dropped from their schedule. Students can re-register for classes when the Add/Drop process begins.
- Sample program agenda will be posted in June.
Cost to Attend
The cost of the two-day International program is $100. This is a non-refundable charge. The orientation charge pays for:
- Lunch and snacks through the program
- Program materials
- Programmatic and administrative costs for the program
- Credit Card – a link and instructions will be provided once you’ve signed up for an orientation session.
- If you do not have a credit card, you may call the office and coordinate other arrangements for payment (203.251.8484).
- Please note that we CANNOT accept cash payments.
Sign Up for a Session
Visit the International Orientation Sign Up page to review the session schedule and sign up.
Please note: Typically it takes 3-4 business days to process your admission deposit and for you to be able to sign up for an Orientation session. Please be patient during that time. Unfortunately we are unable to expedite this process for you.
*We are unable to accept any walk in students who are unregistered for an orientation session on the day of the session.
Confirming Your Session
An email confirmation will be sent almost instantaneously after you submit your orientation reservation. This email indicates you are “confirmed” for the session you selected. Any changes made to your orientation dates after the confirmation email is sent will incur rescheduling fees, regardless of whether the orientation charge has been paid. Emails are sent to the personal email address that the University has on file for you as well as and your UConn email account.
Contact the office at 203.251.8484 if you haven’t received your email confirmation within 24 hours of submitting your online Orientation reservation.
Orientation is a mandatory program for first time degree seeking students at UConn Stamford. There are sessions conducted within the Orientation program that are mandatory for new students. There is no option to register for classes at UConn Stamford without attending Orientation.