July 1st is the deadline to sign up for an Orientation session. Sessions begin in June and end in August. Space in each session is limited, so it is recommended you sign up early!
Orientation is MANDATORY – If this is your first time as a degree seeking student at UConn Stamford you are required to attend Orientation in order to register for classes.
If you have been accepted to the University of Connecticut and will be arriving on campus for the fall semester, the Transfer Orientation Program for Fall Admits is designed for you.
Be sure that you read this page in its entirety carefully. You should also be sure to complete all items included on the new student checklist.
If you have questions, please review our FAQ for additional information.
Transfer Orientation Program Structure
Important Information for You to Know
The Transfer Orientation Program is a fast-paced, one-day session
- The Orientation program is scheduled:
- 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- The Entire Program is REQUIRED: Attendance is required for the entire Orientation program. NO ONE CAN ATTEND ONLY PART OF THE PROGRAM.
- Students who choose to leave before the official end of the Orientation program will have the classes that they registered for at Orientation dropped from their schedule. Students can re-register for classes when the Add/Drop process begins.
- Sample program agenda
Cost to Attend
The cost of the one-day Transfer program is $50. This is a non-refundable charge. The orientation charge pays for:
- Lunch and snacks through the program
- Program materials
- Programmatic and administrative costs for the program
- Credit Card – a link and instructions will be provided once you’ve signed up for an orientation session.
- If you do not have a credit card, you may call the office and coordinate other arrangements for payment (203.251.8484).
- Please note that we CANNOT accept cash payments.
Sign Up for a Session
Visit the Transfer Orientation Sign Up page to review the session schedule and sign up.
Please note: Typically it takes 3-4 business days to process your admission deposit in order for you to be able to sign up for an Orientation session. Please be patient during that time. Unfortunately we are unable to expedite this process for you.
*We are unable to accept any walk in students who are unregistered for an orientation session on the day of the session.
Confirming Your Session
An email confirmation will be sent almost instantaneously after you submit your orientation reservation. This email indicates you are “confirmed” for the session you selected. Any changes made to your orientation date after the confirmation email is sent will incur rescheduling fees, regardless of whether the orientation charge has been paid. Emails are sent to the personal email address that the University has on file for you as well as your UConn email account.
Contact the office at 203.251.8484 if you haven’t received your email confirmation within 24 hours of submitting your online Orientation reservation.
Rescheduling a Confirmed Session
Confirmed sessions may only be changed in the case of an emergency and are based on session availability. For more information on the process, please visit our FAQ.
Please be advised that there is a $30 rescheduling fee for each request. Rescheduling requests made within five business days of your scheduled session date will be charged an additional $50 session charge.
Orientation is a mandatory program for first time degree seeking students at UConn Stamford. There are sessions conducted within the Orientation program that are mandatory for new students. There is no option to register for classes at UConn Stamford without attending Orientation.